— Linux based configuration —
- Login to the Management server as a root.
1. Navigate to Tuning manager commands location : “\opt\jp1pc\tools”.
Issue Command “./jpctminfo agtd –p” to check the version of Agent for RAID. “agtd” is the service key for RAID Agent.
Note: RAID Agent version should not be greater than the HTnM server version. Agents fails to collect data if they are higher version than HTnM server version.
- Each array is added to the Tuning Manager as an Instance under RAID Agent. Check for the arrays already configured on the Array.
Issue Command “./jpcinslist agtd” – Displays all the Storage Array instances.
3. Data collection procedures are different for USP/USPv/VSP & Thunder/AMD/HUS Arrays.
For USPv and VSP, CMD device is required which needs to be added to RAID agent instance.
For HUS, RAID Agent uses the Controller IP to communicate with the Array.
- For USP/USPv/VSP,
Allocate CMD device from the storage array to the management host. Scan for the CMD device.
Make sure CMD is discovered by Tuning Manager Agent. Issue the command “./jpctdlistraid” to list the visible CMD devices on the host.
5. To add the new RAID instance, Issue Command “./jpinssetup agtd –inst VSPTEST”
Choose the respective parameters
Storage Model (1:Thunder/AMS/HUS100 or 2:Lightning/USP/USP V/VSP) : 2
Command Device File Name [/dev/sda] : /dev/sdf
Unassigned Open Volume Monitoring (Y/N) [N] : N
Mainframe Volume Monitoring (Y/N) [N] : N
Store Version [2.0] :
Issue command to verify the instance added.
- Start the RAID agent Instance. Issue the Command
“./jpcstart agtd inst=VSPTEST”
7. Refresh the Storage Array Configuration. Issue Command “./jpctdrefresh -inst VSPTEST”
8. For HUS/AMS arrays, to add the RAID Instance Issue Command
“./jpinssetup agtd –inst HUSTEST” and enter respective details.
Storage Model (1:Thunder/AMS/HUS100 or 2:Lightning/USP/USP V/VSP) : 1
IP Address or Host Name (Controller 0)  : 10.21.32.5
IP Address or Host Name (Controller 1)  : 10.21.32.6
Array Unit Name  : HUS150_xxx
user ID  : abids
password  :
Secure Port function? (applicable storage only) (Y/N) [N] :
Store Version [2.0] :
Repeat Step 6 & 7.
- Login to Tuning Manager.
Newly added VSPTEST will not be visible in the Tuning Manager as default Data Polling schedule will be set to every 12 hours or 24 hours.
Initiate a Data Polling: Go to Administration -> Data Polling and Start polling.
- Storage Arrays are added to Tuning Manager once the polling completed.